Influx - Promises

Influx- Get On The Night Album Cover

Influx Get On The Night Album Cover

Photobucket
Influx Website (click image to visit the site)

Influx Website

Photobucket

Sunday 11 September 2011

Music That Defines Me

Blast from the past...



Around year 6, when I was 12, I first heard this song and its a head-banger for sure. Its got rebellious immature teen written all over it! I picked Fat lip as at the time I was into the modern american punk rebel rock with artist such as Greenday making a name for themselves globally and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers releasing thier (in my opinion) best album Stadium Arcadium. I loved and still do love Sum 41 for thier comic and 'lets do something stupid for a laugh' music and music videos. Fat lip is my song from the past for its 'lets go absolutely mental' take on life.

Could listen forever...



Despite being older than Sum 41 as I matured I came to also love Brit Pop as well as many other genres of music. The sounds of Blur and Oasis have something unique and very British about them which is known globally. In this time I also became a fan of listening to embarrassingly long songs that if I played and people didn't like they would have to ride it out. Some people may listen to Beetlebum and think dreary but its one of those songs that grows on you. When I saw this song played at Glastonbury on the TV in 2008 I clocked a ridiculous amount of time with this on repeat. Sorry I'm sad.  

Its only good if you turn it up!!!



Over the last few years I have discovered and come to adore electronic dance and bass music, loving all areas from house to trance, dubstep to drum and bass. I got more into this music through youtube and taking up opportunities to go to 16+ events and dance festivals such as LED festival in Victoria Park just a few months ago. I do like a good dance to be perfectly honest and anyone who doesn't is probably lying or hasn't lived. Less to do with lyrics and more to do with rhythm this music is best at full volume at a party. Strobe by Deadmau5 is an absolute banger, with a build up of a mere 6 minuets 48 seconds it can annoy the hell out of my parents as I insist on playing it loud. You make what you want of the music and I just love the synth atmospherics. Seeing this live was one of the coolest experiences of my life so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment